Here, we will inform you who your class councillors are, the different charities we will be supporting this year and much more.
The elections for School Councillors will take place in September. If you are interested in becoming a class councillor, please read the information below.
What is a Councillor?
Councillors are elected by their class, to represent those people who elected them.
They act as a link between their class and council.
Councillors have to be willing and able to put forward other people’s views even if they disagree with them.
What kind of person makes a good Councillor?
• Good listener - everyone in the class has to feel comfortable talking to you.
• Organised - it will be your responsibility to make sure meetings happen in your class on a regular basis.
• Assertive - the opinions of your class are just as important as everyone else’s.
• Efficient - class discussions must cover a lot of issues in a short space of time.
• Fair - everyone has the right to express a point of view.
• Good communicator - you need to be able to work with staff and students from across the school.
So if I were a Councillor what would I actually have to do?
As a Councillor you have three main jobs:
• Collecting the views of your class and passing them on to other committees.
• Letting your class know what goes on in the meetings you attend.
• Taking an active part in meetings.
To do these jobs well you should have regular meetings with your class where you will listen to people’s concerns and issues and note them down
We look forward to making a difference again this year and don't forget, if you have any suggestions please inform your class councillor.